Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My New Favorite Thing


I had kind of a rough day yesterday butting heads with Tyler. In retaliation for me being a "mean Mom" he drew all over our new couch with a blue pen. Seriously, all over. (That's what I get for thinking I can take a nap in the middle of the day while he quietly "watches a movie") So anyway, I Googled getting ink out of microfiber and people had found that hand sanitizer worked. So I tried it, and I was like magic! It totally got rid of all the big blue circles on my tan couch. And it also got rid of a couple of other small stains that I hadn't been able to get out yet. Who knew? It is awesome. so, this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for hand sanitizer. I'm glad it worked better than the bug spray on the nail polish stains in my clothes. buying a new couch is a lot harder than buying new clothes.

p.s. Don't worry, we had Tyler scrub the couch with a wet rag for a long time before we used something that actually works.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You have got to love microfiber. The stuff is amazing. You should try the sanitizer on the nail polish stains. It couldn't hurt.

katester said...

Yikes! never trust little boys to behave while you sleep. They are never up to any good. Not that they know any better though. haha.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Been there, I went into check on Lisa and Kristi when they were 4 and 2 and 'taking a nap' they had spread Vaseline all over the wall of the bedroom. Of course it was the only wall that I had painted to look like a flower garden. After I got through scrubbing the vaseline off, I had to repaint the wall, but no flower garden this time.

He didn´t do it because you are a mean Mommy, he did because he was bored and it looked interesting.

About the nail polish, Randy age 2, loved to watch the dryer go around, so one day he put in crayons to watch them, since I didn´t know it, I put in the white clothes including four brand new white shirts, well I didn´t know about hand sanitizer then but I do now.

Nessa said...

Just so you know for future use...if you every vaccum over a blue pen and it EXPLODES all over your tan carpet (such a bad day), blotting it with rubbing alcohol works soooooo great! Glad your couch survived...and Tyler too!

Unknown said...

Do you think it would work on my white skirt. Cenny had a pen at church and got me on the hem with a streak of blue ink. I will try anything, it finally fits again, of course all my bras are too big again.