Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Go and Vote if you haven't already!

If you haven't voted yet, go out and do it! Make sure you are informed though. Don't just vote for someone because you think everyone else is. I am tired of people not knowing the issues and who stands for what! There are some good things about all the candidates (although it may be hard for some of us conservatives to find). Be informed on the local candidates as well, it is vitally important that we elect people on the state level that support our beliefs! The only way to get a president who stands for what we stand for is to elect state representatives that want what we want as well. Apparently, that won't be happening for me this election, but maybe next time we can accomplish that feat. please pray about the candidates and listen to what the spirit tells you. It is a step that seems to be skipped all too often. We need to do what is best for our country and it is obvious to me that God needs to be included in the process.
So if you haven't done so already, read your voter pamphlet you got in the mail or go to www.leaveyourprint.com (if you are in Utah) and find out the issues involving your state. Do the right thing and get out and Vote Smart!

5 comments:

Heather said...

p.s. If you want reasons NOT to vote for Obama, let me know, I have a long list. And If you still want to vote for him and know the reasons you shouldn't vote for him, I feel really sorry for your naivete.

Unknown said...

Go Heather. We voted over lunch and we did not vote for Obama. I do not know how anyone really can, if they do I think they do not know the issues he stands for and the things he believes and says about abortion. I am praying believe me. I know we can make it if he is elected, but I hate to see the mess he will make for the next President elect in 2012.

Michelle said...

Obama makes me gag, the things he's said about abortion is one of the huge reasons. Anyway, I say next election you should just run. I've been reading in Alma lately and it's so funny how often you find the phrase of "if you keep the commandments you will prosper in the land" or something similar to that. I wish America could see how far off track we are and realize that it's mostly self inflicted wounds. Strong families really are the key to a strong country, (in my opinion). That's where the majority of America's problems need to be fixed. Okay I'll stop now.

Nessa said...

I just hope that the country doesn't get totally screwed up if Obama wins. At least I got out there and voted, and this way when the country falls apart (if Obama wins)we can all sit back and say "WE TOLD YOU SO!"

The Koon's said...

I totally agree with you on this issue, nobody does their research. I can't believe anybody would even consider voting for Obama. His name alone and many other reasons why I did not vote for him. I am scared to see what will happen to this country if he gets elected, oh we will get change!