Monday, November 24, 2008

My Twilight Review

Well, I went, I saw, and for the most part I liked. It was a good movie, and I am glad I saw it. I felt like the plot was moving extremely fast and it made me wonder if I hadn't read the books whether or not I would've liked it at all. So if You haven't read the books, but saw the movie, I would love to get your take on the whole thing. The biggest problem I had were the cheesy lines that were cheesy in the book and therefore pretty ridiculous in the movie.

My favorite part: the scene with James in the ballet studio. Awesome! just as good as the book. James was so good at being the bad guy.
Worst part: the scene in the woods. It was weird the way they made him move "fast" it just looked like he was moving in slow motion, but faster than a normal person. When he said "hold on Spider monkey" I about died laughing and I felt bad I was the only one laughing in the theater at that line. Also I couldn't hold back the giggles when he sparkled in the sun. I mean, I knew it was coming, and I knew that it would be weird, but come on, did they have to add the weird sound effect every time he "sparkled"? It made me feel like it was a tinker bell movie rather than Twilight. My friend next to me told me to "hold it together" and believe me, it was hard.
I loved Victoria's character. They did an excellent job and I can't wait to see her in the next movie.
"The kiss" was every bit as good in the movie as it was in the book. Great job.Bella couldn't have been more perfect if she came straight out of my head.
And what was with Jasper? I mean maybe I pictured him WAY wrong, but is he supposed to be handicapped or something? Bad Jasper if you ask me. Good Alice though.
Rosalie and Emmet on the other Hand were perfect. As was Jacob. I'm still not sure about Edward. I like him a lot, but he isn't what I had pictured at all.

So, for the most part, good movie especially with all the high expectations I had for it. Not the greatest movie ever made, but in my top 20? maybe? Anyway, I would love to hear what your thoughts were on the movie. I'm not an obsessed die hard fan, but I really enjoyed the books. I was sad they didn't have the part where she fainted in biology from the blood prick and I wish they had ended it how the book ended, but I guess the ending they used gets you ready for Victoria's revenge in the next movie, so that's good. Let me know what you thought.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked it. I think it moved really fast and the spider monkey comment made us all laugh. I think Emmet and Rosalie were perfect and liked Dr. Cullin. I loved the way they showed him teaching the others not telling them what to do, just guiding them in what is right. I loved Bella just like the book, Charlie was way to young. Jasper was a bit wierd, Alice was good. Esme was hardly in the movie. Great kiss loved it. Victoria is scary. That is about it.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Since Grandma hasn't read the books it will be interesting to see what she thinks. It is supposed to come to Iceland but don't know how will know when or where, but if we can we will see it and let you know.

Paige said...

yeah I felt the same way, was it difficult to follow if you never read the books? a friend of mine said she felt there were gaps but it made her want to read the books now! we all laughed at the stupid comments as well. I loved everyone you loved, except Alice was lacking, not in looks, but depth. Rosalie and Emmett, PERFECT! You are right about Victoria too! I thought jasper was funny, we all felt he looked like Edward scissors hands. I wished that Edwards paleness translated as well as the rest...he looked sick and all the rest of the cullens looked white. they need to fix that for the next one. the actors are committed for the next one, so maybe Edward will grow on us.

Michelle said...

I liked it! It was a bit too cheesy in some parts though. I thought the biology class was hilarious how they kept zooming in on his eyes and he's clawing at the desk. I'm glad it got better after that. Bella and Edward were perfect, but I hated Jacob and Rosalie. Rosalie wasn't nearly pretty enough and Jacob wasn't how I pictured him at all. And Jasper was just weird, but he is in the book too, so I was OK there. I thought Alice was great too. I agree about the ending too, but I can see why they did it this way.
I kind of think that it wouldn't be as good if you hadn't read the book. I don't know though since I read them and loved them.

Clayton and Amber said...

I know I am totally not in this. I just don't do vampires. They freak me out. And what is with highschool kids being all obsessed and vampire-ish. I'm so lame now that I'm a mom, but I would hate my girls to read them. Good thing I don't have girls! I guess I haven't seen the movie and haven't read the books..so um..I'll stop commenting.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jasper. I hated him but overall I liked the movie. I wish they would have had a little bit of a bigger budget so the special effects could have been better. But overall it was good.

katester said...

I loved it! I for some reason I liked Jasper but i think that is because I knew he was going to be weird since he always had a hard time being a vegetarian. I thought the way he portrayed the character was funny. I loved Bella and Edward although at some moments it was too cheesy but I expected that much. I loved the 3 "bad" vamps. James was so hot. As was Edward. The sparkling Edward was the worst part for me. The kissing scene was the best for me.

Nessa said...

You had to be there, but when the kissing scene started I looked at Bonnie, and at Lisa and we were literally on the edge of our seats with the cheesiest smiles on our faces! I really liked Victoria and I also loved the "Spider-monkey" line. I also liked it when he and Bella were walking through the school parking lot together. I can't wait for teh next movie!

Michelle said...

Yeah Amber! Ya you twilight fans are pretty weird, like Star Wars fans weird! (but I still love ya)