Saturday, January 10, 2009

For Ali

My sister Ali asked me at Christmas how Jacob gets in and out of his crib. For everyone that has "older children" you know it goes smoother for some kids than others. Jacob isn't very good at the getting in part, but getting out is very easy for him. see for yourself.

We watched this over and over and laughed so hard at his not so graceful "fall" into bed. This is actually the worst I have seen him do it. he usually doesn't fall on his head, but his side. ah well, makes for a funny video. Too bad I can no longer trap him though. kinda stinks. He can also open doors. which is worse.
We plan on moving him to a bed in the next month or so when the basement is finished/before the baby comes. He and Tyler are very excited about the prospect of a bunk bed.

8 comments:

TStevens said...

Time to move out of the crib.

Unknown said...

We put a twin mattress on the floor for six months when Qatar was two and then moved him up to a frame and a box spring. He was a climber, he tried to get out of his window one day, I caught him with one leg out. We blocked him in his room with a gate and a baby proof door handle which he had open in a day. He was the Houdini of our family. He could get anything open and out of anywhere. We gave up and taught him how to turn on the TV so we could sleep pass 6am.

Unknown said...

What a Cutie!

katester said...

Ouch, that looked like it hurt but he did not seem phased at all. hehe.

Heather said...

Katie, just wait till you have a boy. Believe me, things just don't phase them. Why would getting hit in the head stop you from having fun anyway?

Ali said...

That's great. I guess it all makes sense now. It just seems like it would be too high to get in and out of. I guess not.

Michelle said...

Oh no, maybe Bronson won't figure it out that fast. We decided to buy a second crib and keep Bronson in his as long as possible. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Clayton and Amber said...

What in the world. Tyler was never smart like that. I could put him in Mack's crib and he'd still never escape. Mack on the other hand has already tried climbing my bookshelf, entertainment center, kitchen table etc. Am I in for this now too?