Thursday, January 15, 2009

Must be a Dad thing?



Last night before Randy and I went to bed, we checked in on our sweet boys. I love to watch them sleep because they are so sweet and they can't tear up the house or make me crazy. So I gently touch their little heads and place a kiss on their cheeks. You know, like most moms do. So what does Randy do in this sweet tender moment of unconditional love for our little ones? He goes up to Jake and just tickles his belly. not softly mind you he seriously just rocked his belly from side to side and made a loud grunting noise. when he didn't wake up at all, Randy then decided he would mess with my little boys head and move it from side to side. Again, he didn't even stir. So what does Randy do next? he pulls out the pacifier. What does Jake do? Wakes up immediately and screams "HEY! NO!" and puts the pacifier back into his mouth and falls back asleep. Randy of course thinks this is hilarious. I'm just looking at Randy with my mouth hanging open in disbelief. Why would someone do that? why would you deliberately TRY to mess with a sleeping child? It must be a guy/dad thing.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Yep...it's a dad thing. However, it seems to be limited to Dad's and sons...so, your little girl will be safe! :) Eric does the same stuff with the boys...I guess that I have just gotten used to it!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Wow I wouldn't have dared wake the kids up - I'd then be the one up with them.

H. Wimmer said...

I have to admit I did that once and I learned my lesson... Don't wake a sleeping kid