Thursday, January 8, 2009

"What is this game called?... I WIN!"

I won tickets to see an advanced screening of "Bride Wars." That in and of itself isn't that extremely cool, but through the TV show "Good Things Utah" I have won 14 things in the last 4 years. The really funny thing is, I haven't watched the actual show for a long time. I mostly just go on their website every once in a while and sign up for whatever they are giving away. I usually sign up for things that I don't think most people will sign up for ie: a Rated R movie (here in good ole' Utah, nobody signs up for it.) and if I win, I take it to Wal-Mart for a sweet 20 bucks. But I have won some pretty cool things:

“My country to defend” book

Miche bag (purse $50 value!)

The English patient DVD

The pirates of the Caribbean DVD

Free movie tickets (4)

Free movie tickets (4)

Mommys market tickets

Haunted railroad tickets

Free groceries (grocery guru $100 worth)

Green pearl Necklace

Motown CD

Children’s party tickets

Hannah Montana DVD

Free Movie Tickets (4)


I have yet to win the $500 pot and pan set that they give away once or twice a year, but then again everyone wants that one. Randy has become a finalist in their Lexington heights Dental free teeth makeover three times. They usually do free lumeneers or veneers which would be awesome! (He didnt' try again this year for some reason though I guess he is sick of getting in the top 2 or so and having them pick someone else)
Anyway, so I saw "Bride Wars" on Tuesday night with my friend Nancy. We had a lot of fun. It was a very cute movie with a lot of funny parts. It was a little over the top, but that is what I expected. I love Kate hudsen and Ann Hathaway almost as much as I love a night out with the girl(s). don't know that I would pay 7 bucks to see it, but it is definately worth a $1 redbox rental. if you want more info you can go to http://www.bridewars.com/

BTW, don't start signing up for things just because I win every once in a while. I don't need the extra competition. you probably won't win anyway. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sign me up I never seem to win.

katester said...

I want to see that movie. since you are so lucky in winning everything, you could share the love with your favorite roomie.

Nessa said...

I'm with Lisa...I never win anything!

bug and dude said...

lucky you!

Michelle said...

You ALWAYS win! It's so not fair. You don't even want some of the stuff you win. How is that you ended up with all the luck (and all the artistic talent, the decorating skills, the ability to pay off a huge amount of debt in a short time. . .)and the rest of us are left to envy you?
Just kidding, I'm happy you are so lucky, especially since you sometimes share your prizes with me!

Clayton and Amber said...

You are a winner Heather. What else can I say...other than I am not taking your advice. I will sign up for everything you do with like 50 names so I will win. Okay, so I've never really won anything...except a gift certificate to a yucky Chinese Buffet. YUCK! I got sick afterwards. Dumb.