Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I Hope It's The Carpet Guy!"


Hallelujah! We got carpet in our basement!!! I am so freaking excited, I don't know what to do with myself. It was funny because when Ty went downstairs to see it, I found him in his new bedroom on his stomach laying on the floor and just moving his arms like he was swimming in the new carpet. so funny. Randy has been working on the basement now for just over a year. yeah, he started from just a little bit of framing done and now look at it! All 900 square feet of extra space! Amazing. He is awesome. It is all Randy! good job babe. I love you. hopefully, we can get some finishing work done so I can get the room upstairs ready for my little girl (who is coming soon whether we are ready or not.)
FYI, the color of the carpet is tan/brown. it looks sort of pink in the photos for some reason. it is called "peanut brittle" and has a lot of different colors in it. it is a little bit shaggy and pretty soft. So come visit us and you can see it for yourself! Yay for carpet!

BTW, for all you orange haters, you can go sit on a pin. I like my orange room. (It looks a little brighter in the pictures than it actually is.) Even so, I love it and Randy likes it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! It looks so good! It must add so much space for you.

katester said...

Wow! It looks amazing, good job Randy. now come do ours. I love the orange room. All the extra space must feel awesome, and to put all the toys downstairs...must be nice.

Nessa said...

Hey orange is cool! I love bright colors...I have two red rooms and people are always making some comment or another! Personally, I think that the orange looks great!

Unknown said...

YEA!!! Congratulations you guys great job. 900 square feet is huge. Now you will have room for us all to visit. YEA!!!!!

Amber said...

That looks so good! It's amazing how carpet makes it look so homey and complete. The orange looks good, what happened to the brown? Is it not happening?

Michelle said...

Yay for carpet!!!! I'm so happy for you. It turned out great!

Heather said...

Amber, we did the brown paint, but it looked so awful! seriously bad, so we did the whiteish color under the chair rail and it looks much better.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

From someone who has been through this before, I know how much work Randy has put into it and it is fantastic to see such a great finished product.

Michelle said...

Congrats Heath, it looks awesome!