Monday, March 2, 2009

post number 200!!! Happy Birthday Jacob!

We celebrated Jacob's 2nd birthday today. I can't believe my baby is two! I'm still waiting for the terrible part though. Luckily for him, it looks like he won't have to share his actual birthday with his sister after all. whew! Now she is free to come whenever she is ready. anyway, we didn't plan much because of the "maybe baby" factor. We celebrated with all his favorite foods today. We had marshmallow cereal for breakfast, mac and cheese for lunch and of course pizza for dinner. Talk about an easy boy to please! after dinner we opened presents, then we invited some neighbors over for cake and ice-cream so we wouldn't have to eat a whole cake ourselves. I think he had a pretty good birthday. Here are some pics to enjoy!The amazing glowing light toy Tyler got him. very cool

He also got a gun that shoots bubbles.
Gotta love the tool box set!
Jacob playing with his new toys (mostly tools) He loves to "fix" things around the house like daddy


His "Dog" birthday cake that I got to make Sunday night. He really liked it! luckily it tasted pretty good too.

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Where did you get that tool set? C would love that! Good luck this week. Keep us all posted

Unknown said...

Sorry I didn't have a chance to call. I thought about Jakey Monday though! Cool cake. Happy 2's.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

What a great cake - sure wish we could have enjoyed some of it along with our boys.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday big guy. Love The Peters.

H. Wimmer said...

NOw I'm officially Jealous of you!! The cake is so cutie!!

Heather said...

Linds, we got the tool set at good 'ol WAl-Mart just like everything else. It was around seven dollars. the drill though, was from my mom I'm not sure where she got that from but he LOVES it!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jakey! I'm glad you made it through with no baby. The cake turned out awesome!! Once again I am so impressed with your artistic and culinary abilities.

Lindsey said...

Thanks lady!

Nessa said...

Happy Birthday to him! The cake was soooooo cute! Hope you are doing great and getting your last few days of rest! :)

Dad said...

I love the cake, but I love Jakie even more!

Mom

Michelle said...

Wow Heath, you are wonder woman, do you ever stop? It's so crazy how fast sweet little babies turn into little men. Very cute cake, I'm glad you didn't have your baby on his birthday. Good luck, can't wait to see her.

Tina Sims Gifford said...

I bet if you would've eaten that whole cake all by yourself, it would've made the baby come! :)