Saturday, March 21, 2009

When it rains it pours!

Week one was Rough!
Having a new baby in the house is always a hard adjustment for the family. three is definitely harder than two. Unfortunately for us, having to adjust to the new baby wasn't the only thing we have had to deal with this week. Monday: Lily started spitting up a lot of bright red blood. After a trip to the emergency room and having her stomach basically pumped, we still didn't really have any answers as to where the blood was coming from (not from me like you would think). It was old blood though. Luckily she was given a wonderful blessing by her father and a friend and we haven't had any spitting up blood issues since. Tuesday: We found out our car was stolen. It was disappointing and sad, but luckily Lily wasn't spitting up blood. Wednesday: Tyler and Jacob get sick with a horrible cough and cold symptoms with wheezing as well. Thursday-Saturday: I escape to my mom's and leave my sweet boys for Lily's sake because she is too small to handle whatever illness they have and RSV season is still among us. I missed them all so much and had a hard time leaving but I thought it was best for the baby.

I am back now as the boys are on the mend. We are still being very careful that they don't hang around Lily too much and we are liberal with the hand sanitizer and the Lysol. Hopefully for my sanity's sake next week we will have a better week and the only complaints I will have is lack of sleep, a dirty house and mischievous boys to handle. wish me luck!

5 comments:

bug and dude said...

Good Luck with things! Wish we were closer to help!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you made it through all that and I hope that it is smooth sailing from here. Let me know if I can help with anything.

katester said...

Wow, I would have freaked out! What a week you had. I know for a fact this helps with stress. (warning) you may want to stand outside for this stress release test. push your hands together as hard as you can while you hum louder and louder until finally you scream and release and push hands away from you as you scream. Also the famous foot rub works too. YOu need it. hang in there.

Michelle said...

"Please oh please have mercy, please!" So sorry about the rough week, where is the justice? I hope things get better soon, hang in there. If you need to have a good cry give me a call. Good luck, and I love her picture on the side, SO CUTE!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I remember those days and honestly don't miss them. Three is difficult only becasue they out number you now and you only have two arms. After three it really doesn't matter, but five is all that fit in our mini-van.