Saturday, February 7, 2009

It always rains after you wash your car

It rained today on our newly washed car. It looked so nice yesterday all shiny and new. Yeah, we bought a new Van yesterday! I am so excited. We have had one car for six years! Six years! Now we have two! can you believe it? Now we will be able to have the baby and actually bring her home because she will fit in our new car. Very cool.
We bought a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan (Anniversary Edition) STX. Not sure exactly what that all means, but I really like it. We have been saving for nearly a year and we have been looking for about 6 or 8 months for a van and we finally got one. Randy initially went to the dealership because he wanted the free binoculars they were giving away (so randy) and he decided to look at the van. They wanted $13,500 for it, but he got it for $7,031 awesome. He says he got it so cheap because he was completely willing to walk away. We were paying cash, so we weren't willing to budge on the price too much. And the best part is it is paid off! We haven't had a car payment for 5 years and we don't plan on ever having one. I guess it has most of the bells and whistles too. Leather interior, automatic doors on both sides and the back hatch, a 6 disk DVD player (the kids love that), tinted windows, a sun roof, and it even came with wireless headphones that we found hours later. Awesome! If you want to know more, you can ask Randy, because let's face it, when it comes to cars, I have no idea what I am talking about.
Here are some pictures Randy took. Along with a video of the doors and back hatch closing by themselves.

(Ty went to home Depot today for his woodworking project. isn't he cute!)





Yeah, I'm a mormon mom who drives a van. Very original.

8 comments:

Nessa said...

Oh, just embrace it! Eventually we all have minivans, but I swear that as soon as all the kids are grown and gone, I am buying a fun, and expensive 2 seater! I love my minivan though and don't know what I would do without it! Have fun! Tell Randy that the next time we buy a car he's coming out here to get us such a good deal! :)

Michelle said...

It looks great! I'm so happy for you that you are finally a two-car family and you don't have to be stuck at home all the time. Paying cash for it is definitely the way to go.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Those were expensive binoculars but at least they threw in a nice car along with them. Congratulations it sure is loaded up with all the bells and those wireless headsets sure will be nice too.

katester said...

Congrats on your new van! I would poke fun but it looks cool and it is way better than my car...so now you can just make fun of me.

Love your new basement! you must be so proud of your hard working hubby.

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, I love it. I can't wait to join you on the stereotypical bandwagon. And yay for no car payments, that is so good. And yay for you to have your own car during the day every day! AHAHAHA! The freedom and happiness will amaze you!

Ali said...

I'm so excited for you that you have a car of your own! I bet you will love being able to go out to the store if you need something, or better yet, come to girl's day! It is a very nice van and I love that it has the DVD player built in. That's awesome! Good pick!

Steve said...

Congrats on the new van. Very nice and obviously a great deal. Power doors rock!

Clayton and Amber said...

Yeah! Nice Van! I love It! Yes it always rains after you wash your car...and the kids always throw up after you wash their sheets. What is the deal!!!