Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Painting Schmainting"

I have been painting the nursery for the baby for the past few days. I decided to paint some flowers at the top of the wall that match the crib bedding I was given. I am not the best free-hander, but I think it turned out OK. (I'm no Amanda Hardy or Amber Andersen). Anyway, the rest of the walls are empty so far, so I need to figure out her name so I can put her name over the window. Speaking of the name, I have talked to some people and they seem genuinely surprised that my blog vote isn't deciding the name. I make the ultimate decision no matter how many votes "Cake" gets. ha. (unless of course you put a lot of money down) We just put the names on that each member of our family wants to name the baby. Yes, that includes Tyler and Jacob. (I don't like either of their picks for names BTW). Anyway, I was just curious what Y'all thought about the two names we were thinking of. BTW, Lily, if it is chosen will have one "L" like the flower. There are some very strong opinions that it should have two "L's" and I'm not sure why.
Anyway, enough ranting, Here are some pics of what I worked on.


The lavender wall with the flowers and crib
The Crib bedding that I copied the flowers from. (don't look too close to see my inconsistencies.)
Close up of most of the wall flowers
Tyler is getting excited! He tells me everyday that he can't wait for the baby to come. I hope he is still excited AFTER she has arrived.

13 comments:

Paige said...

So what name besides "cake" did the boys pick? BTW the paint job looks pretty perfect to me, love it!

Paige

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

That is so cute you are very talented Mommy, I love the name Lily no matter how it is spelled. When I was naming my children I thought it was so old fashioned but now it seems so sweet. Perhaps you should paint a lily on the wall if you name her that. Lily just has a pretty sound to it.

Amber said...

Yeah, you totally suck at freehand painting. I would just scrap it and paint the walls plain white if I were you...NOT!
That looks so cute! What a good idea to match the bedding. How fun. She will love it. The room looks great, yay! Only like 2 weeks left!

bug and dude said...

You are so creative. I wouldn't be able to pull that off. Let us know when she comes!

Michelle said...

It looks great! I'm once again very impressed with your creative abilities.

The Koon's said...

Heather, you are totally amazing with art..That will be such a cute room, I like the one "L" in Lily..it's cute.

Michelle said...

You should have your own TV show, "Painting with Heather." It looks great.
Went to the doc today and I'm at a 4, I scheduled myself to be induced next Thursday but hopefully I'll go sooner, much much sooner. How are you hangin' in there?

katester said...

I don't see any differences between the wall paint and the bumper...seriously, you should come paint Sienna's room. It is all white! you would have fun right? anyways, I love what you have done.
I voted for Isabelle only because I love the nicknames Isa and belle. but if you go with lily, I love the natural spelling. no need to go crazy and different. ya know? lily is so pretty too.

Nessa said...

Think how cool you'll be if you name her Cake...hey, if celebreties can name their kids 'Apple', why not you?

Anonymous said...

Like always, you're amazing! Your freehand is spectacular not to mention that you're 37+ weeks pregnant. If that's not means for mommy of the year....I don't know what is.

meredith said...

Heather- you did such a great job. Your daughter will love looking up at the flowers :) My vote is for Lily spelled like the flower. Good luck and I hope eveything goes smoothly.

H. Wimmer said...

Can you come and visit and paint Roxie Bedroom in my new house because I can only draw stick figures and most of them look like boys because the center line is too long.

Clayton and Amber said...

Heather, you know full well that I can't paint or draw like you NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! It is so pretty! I love it. And I still remember the picture you did of Jakey's feet. Perfect & Precious.