Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's officially official


The Day after we set up the bunk beds, (I think it was on Jan 27th)we had our final basement inspection and we passed! So, It is official, we are "allowed" to live in our basement. Randy was teasing me saying that "The inspection guy hadn't even gotten to drive away before you started chucking stuff down the stairs." Which is true. I was very anxious to get things moved into the new space. So Randy has finished the basement in just over a year. he is awesome!

p.s. I know that we are the only people in the whole world (or at least Tooele county) who actually finished our basement with a permit. nobody does it and it cost us extra money and now we have to pay more taxes on the extra living space. But I am still glad we did it "the right" way.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Way to go and what a beautiful addition to your house.

Amber said...

I didn't even know such permits existed. I'll have to ask maren if they did that for the upstairs b/c brian is conscientious like that too.