Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pregnancy update


Went to my midwife today. I am dilated at a 1 still and 50% effaced. not much going on except I have contractions all the time. Don't worry, they don't really bother me at all because I relax. The baby has moved down a little lower, but she still has a ways to go before she is ready to come. I'll let you know if anything changes, but I just hope she doesn't come on Monday which is Jacob's 2nd birthday. looks like she just may come around her due date (March 8th). Crazy I know!

6 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Been there when I was having Steven, my grandfather called everyday to ask if the baby was there yet or not, as if I wouldn't have called to tell him. Not much longer, I hope she and Jakey don't have to share a birthday.

Amber said...

Wahoo! You're fully 1 tenth of the way there! Congrats. And I love the effacement status because 50% sounds so much closer.

katester said...

Just a little while longer. Can't wait to see her.

Nessa said...

I keep checking the blog, waiting for the big news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't make her debut on Monday!

britt said...

so close yet so far away. I remember when with Evie, my doc started to check, I dont' remember what week, and he said "your almost a 1" I laughed and he said, "translated means, you are about as dilated as this wall" At least you aren't there. you are not a wall. so fun!
You have a midwife? did you with your otheres? are you at a birthing center? I'm interested.

Heather said...

Britt,
I DO have a midwife this time. The last two I had two different highly recommended OBGYN's and they were really great doctors, but they just didn't click with me I guess. I have a certified midwife who will help me deliver in the hospital (like I said, I'm not that crazy) and she works with OBGYN's in her same office, so if something (heaven forbid) were to go wrong, I wuold be covered there. Anyway, I think that answers your questions.